Indivisible Evansville is one of a network of nearly 6,000 Indivisible groups and is part of the nation-wide Indivisible Movement, founded by Ezra Levin, Jeremy Haile, Leah Greenberg, and Angel Padilla. Formed to counterbalance the extreme elements of the Trump Agenda, Indivisible Evansville’s mission is " to educate and empower our members to effectively participate in the election process, and protect our values, institutions, and quality of life.”
Indivisible Evansville’s goals focus on the immediate crisis of the Trump presidency, while also aiming to ensure that something like this never happens again. Our goals are to:
1. Resist the Trump Agenda.
2. Elect progressive leaders at every level.
3. Enact progressive policies.
Indivisible Evansville’s volunteers resist the Trump Agenda by engaging with our three members of Congress on key issues. Volunteers follow the Indivisible Guide—a proven model for successful advocacy developed by the Movement’s founders, all former Congressional staffers.
Indivisible Evansville works to guard our democracy through educational, outreach, and other efforts throughout Indiana’s eighth congressional district. Indivisible Evansville's 2018 priorities are:
1. Increasing voter turnout in the 2018 midterm elections through active voter registration.
2. Advocating for common sense gun reform by engaging with local and national advocacy groups.
3. Raising awareness about Indiana’s energy and environmental policies.